fruit makes everything better.

One thing I know about food presentation - you add fresh fruit to anything, and it makes it look fancier.


These are mini cupcakes I made for a Fourth of July party this afternoon. I used a cake mix, and topped them with fat-free whipped topping and either strawberries or blueberries (no pictures of the blueberries).

I forgot to pick up eggs on my way home last night, so I looked online for a substitute that would keep me from getting up early to run to the store this morning. I found out that you can use 1 tsp cornstarch, plus 1/4 cup water, instead of 1 egg in baking. It worked - the cupcakes were great, and I didn't even notice a difference. I'll definitely be using that one in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!