neat ideas.

I read a lot of blogs on a regular basis. I use Google Reader so that I can easily see what's updated, and I skim through a lot of them, so it doesn't really take that much time.

These are just a few of the ideas I've bookmarked that I love, and want to steal:

Passport Art (from Adventures in Renovating a Brooklyn Limestone)
A great, inexpensive way to create art using stamps in your passport.

Dresser Redo (from The Old Painted Cottage)
(scroll down to the 5th picture to see what I'm talking about)
There's no before picture of this dresser, but I love the fact that she used a missing drawer to create open storage on the bottom. When I finally get around to redoing my master bathroom/walk-in closet, I would love to use an old dresser as a sink vanity - except that I want open storage on the bottom. I'm going to keep this mind as I look around for the right piece of furniture.

Board and Batten Treatment (from It's The Little Things That Make A House A Home)
I am totally going to do this in my office/guest room, as soon as I get really motivated and plan ahead enough to borrow the tools from my dad that would make it significantly easier. I could do it, of course, with my trusty miter box and hand saw, but that seems slightly insane. I've been trying to convince my parents to come for a visit, just the two of them - maybe I can convince Dad to spend a few hours with me working on this together. I could paint it after they had left. Am I crazy to think that the wood work part of this could be done in a day?

Rain Gutter Bookshelves (from Raising Olives)
If I had kids, I would definitely do this!

Word Canvas (from Myst33 via The DIY Show Off)
Now I just need to choose the right quote/verse...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!