this sunday.

This Sunday morning, I'm going to talk at our church worship service. I'll share about Africa, including some photos, and try to find a way to articulate what I think God is doing in me and showing me as a result of that time.

But I'm also going to talk about some of the things that God has been teaching me over the last couple years, some things that he has laid on my heart in regards to the great adventure we've been called to. I've written out what I'm saying, but I'm still tweaking it, praying that God somehow uses my words to speak to those who will listen.

Its a bit nerve-wracking, to be honest with you. There are these things that I feel are so true, so vital, and I'm not sure that I have the words to take what's in my heart and say it out loud. I worry that I won't communicate well, that I'll say something that unintentionally hinders the work of God in someone's life.

Even as these thoughts arise, I'm aware of their arrogance. I understand all too well that it is the work of the Holy Spirit that teaches, encourages, and convicts us. Still, I think about it - and so I'm letting these thoughts push me right back to the feet of Christ, to be him to keep refining me and my words and to maybe somehow use them.

It's an interesting experience, to be sure. And its given me a new appreciation for the people who do this every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!