Cabinets and countertops

I've chosen my kitchen cabinets - American Woodmark Ashland Maple Mocha Glaze Square. There's not a photo online of the exact thing I'm buying, but you can get an idea here:

This is the door style (except the wall cabinets will be square, not cathedral) and basic wood color (though the mocha glaze adds a different twist): Ashland Maple Spice Cathedral

This is a different door style, but since the wood and glaze are the same, you can better see the color: Richmond Maple Mocha Glaze

Now I'm waiting for a phone call to set up an appointment to measure my kitchen, then we'll finalize the design and order the cabinets.

I'm also still trying to decide about the countertops - I'm considering both Corian and Silestone. Silestone is more durable, and they're comparable in price, but the integrated sink is only an option with Corian. So, I'm still deciding about that. Really, it may come down to a color choice.

1 comment:

  1. Hey-
    We got Corian (actually the cheaper version call Simplicity) at our condo in Schaumburg last Feb. We really liked it. You can't cut veggies on it, but it looked great and really didn't show scratches too badly (because we did get a couple from banging pans on there:(). It is easy to maintain too. Let me know if you want to talk more about it:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!