Ever have one of those days that just feels like the perfect summer day? That was yesterday for me.

I spent the morning and early afternoon at the First Landing State Park beach with Nick, Heather, and Nathan. I just love going to the beach - it's so incredibly relaxing. We never went to the beach much when I was kid, but I feel so blessed to live in a place where I can go anytime I want. Mom, Katie, and Jacob are coming to visit in a couple weeks, and I think I'm going to take them to this beach, rather than down to the oceanfront. Because its actually on the Chesapeake Bay, the waves are a lot calmer, and I think Jacob will like it better.

After the beach, I spent some time at home with Harvey and Dakota, then drove over to Robbie & Jenni's for a cook-out (they were having fish, but they even made chicken especially for me). Then we drove to downtown Portsmouth to watch the fireworks. We met a bunch of church people there to hand out bottled water. I got home late for the fact that I had to work today, but it was such a good day. And today feels like a two-day week - there's something to be said for holidays right in the middle of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!