Inspiration

I changed the title of my blog, and here's why.

One of the blogs I follow on a regular basis is Today's Creative Blog, because I love seeing all the fun things that people create (and I love finding decorating inspiration for my house). Nesting Place was featured there recently, and she often talks about her sister, who writes Chatting At The Sky. I think that is the coolest name for a blog, and here's her inspiration:

Tuesday, after a reckless
and used day,
I was running and running
without a chance to stop
and chat at the sky.
And finally, I stopped
for a breath in the evening.
And suddenly, I was caught
by the scenery...
painting a picture of You.

~ Sarah Masen, Tuesday

I started thinking about how I love quotes and especially song lyrics, and how so many of them feel like they were written just for me. I've always disliked the name I chose for this blog, because I just couldn't think of anything else, but I decided that somewhere, in one of those songs that make up the soundtrack of my life, there might be inspiration for a blog title. This is the song I chose:

Your first dawn blinded you, left you cursing the day.
Entrance is crucial and it's not without pain.
There's no path to follow, once you're here.
You'll climb up the slide and then you'll slide down the stairs.

It's foreign on this side,
But it feels like I'm home again.
There's no place to hide
But I don't think I'm scared.

~ Nickel Creek, This Side

My friend Bethany told me when I decided to move to Virginia, that she thought this song fit perfectly. Its still one of my favorite songs of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!