new recipes, part 1.

5 recipes down, 20 to go (#14)!

Crockpot Chicken Parmesan

Chicken parmesan is definitely one of my top comfort foods, and this crockpot version was just as easy and good as the oven method that I usually use. This year, unlike last year, I'm primarily interested in quick recipes that don't involve a lot of work when I get home, especially when I'm having company for dinner - and this one is definitely going on the list!

Chicken Pesto Panini

I'm pretty sure that any time you put something between focaccia and grill it its going to be amazing. This was no exception.

Parsnip Gratin

Good, though I'd like to try parsnips cooked another way, maybe roasted instead. I'm not sure I really know what they taste like.

Baked Sweet Potato Fries (adapted)

Good, really good. I adapted the recipe a bit - I didn't have any coriander, so I left that out. And I used some frozen sweet poatoes I had in the fridge, which made the pieces a bit more soggy to work with. Still really good.

Tortellini Corn Chowder

This recipe calls for low-fat cheese tortellini, which I couldn't find. So I know that definitely affects the nutritional information, but the fat count is pretty low to begin with. This soup was pretty good, and I think I would make it again, but it was a little lacking in flavor. I used dried basil instead of fresh - maybe that would have made enough of a difference. Still, I like thicker soups, and this definitely fits the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!