Interesting conversation

I had an interesting conversation last night.

I was sharing about some of my planned purchases with my tax refund, as well as some other money that's come in this month. Right now, the dining set is on the top of my list, and I think a laptop is rapidly taking second place. (This would make tracking finances a lot easier, but that's another story).

At any rate, I was talking about these purchases with a few friends, all of whom are a little older than me, and married with three kids. And, for whatever reason, as I was talking about these larger purchases, I felt the need to explain myself. (Why, I don't know, but that's another whole topic).

So, I explained that I was getting a "large" refund. I think, really, compared to the rest of America, it's not that big. But it feels huge to me. Anyway, they asked about the size of my refund, which didn't bother me. But what did bother me was the general attitude when they said that they each were getting a much larger refund, but were using the money for bills. I almost felt guilty.

I shouldn't feel guilty, just because I have been doing a good job of managing my money. But I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!