Weighing the options

At the moment, I'm trying to make a decision between two possible volunteer opportunities at my church.

The first option is serving as First Serve Coordinator. I talked to the senior pastor about this, mostly because they said they needed someone and I wanted to know exactly what it was. I would basically try to coordinate getting people plugged in to volunteering, and, in particular, coordinate opportunities for people to try out different ministries in the church, to see where they best fit.

The second option is as a singer on the praise team.

I'm analytical by nature, so I've decided to make a list of pros and cons for each.

First Serve Coordinator
Pros:
  • I could set my own schedule.
  • I could still help out with nursery on Sunday mornings.
  • I would get to use my administrative gifts.


  • Cons:
  • This is a lot of work.
  • I'm feeling a little ill-equipped to handle something like this, especially because I don't think I have a very good handle on all the church's ministries, and because I don't know that many people at church, really.
  • If I can't find others willing to help out with this, especially calling and visiting people who are interested in getting involved, it's really going to be a lot of work.


  • Praise Team
    Pros:
  • I would get to sing.
  • I've always wanted to sing on a praise team.


  • Cons:
  • I would need to commit to another night away each week.
  • I may not fit on the team - there's still a process to go through yet.
  • I couldn't do nursery at the same time, except maybe as a substitute.
  • They might want me to sing a lot of harmony, which could be really tough for me to do.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!