flying by the seat of my pants.

I'm a planner and a list-maker. Call it the result of being first-born, or a God-given personality trait, but this is the way my brain works. I often say, "this is my plan."

I'm not saying that anymore.

When someone asks me where I'll be in five years, or ten, or twenty - I don't have answer for them. Sometimes I'm not even sure where I'll be in six months. Because most of the time when I make a plan, especially a long-term one, God seems to send me in unexpected directions.

Thankfully, I'm learning to hold my plans more and more loosely, so those unexpected twists and turns feel more like a white-water adventure than a roller coaster I don't remember getting on.

This flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants? Its sometimes thrilling, sometimes terrifying, often overwhelming.

But I'm loving every minute.

1 comment:

  1. There is freedom in not having a plan, isn't there? Not to be confused with laziness...just a "hands-off" approach, a willingness to just let the Spirit lead where He will. It's a little too "out-of-the-box" for most of the world, but we were bought with a price for FREEdom. Love the vulnerability of this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!