Laser Vision Surgery

I had my yearly eye exam with my doctor today (everything's perfectly fine), and we talked a bit about Laser Vision Surgery. I would really, really love to get this. It just seems so much more convenient than having to deal with contacts and glasses.

The problem? It's so expensive! I know that there are probably places I could get it where it would be less expensive, but this is the only place my doctor will recommend. And I have enough recurring eye issues that I'm really hesitant to go anywhere else. I know I'll reap some of the cost back, between buying contacts and the contact lens exams my insurance doesn't cover. But that's more of a long-term consideration.

I've been saving for this, though not seriously - a little bit of money every two weeks on payday, but hardly enough to make a dent in the total. I could get more serious about it, but it just seems so far away, even if I get a roommate and have money coming in there. In the meantime, I can think of a ton of other things to do with the money I've already saved - everything from the responsible (pay down the HELOC) to the generous (Young Life campership) to the frivolous (buy furniture, take a vacation).

I don't know what to do, and I'm a little disheartened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!