Stimulating conversation

Tonight, Mom and Dad hosted an open for their old pastor and his wife, who were in town for the day visiting. This means that there were lots of people who haven't seen me or my sisters since we were very young. And since Dad asked that we be there, too, this means that my evening was filled with comments like:

"No, I'm Kristy. That's Kelli."

"Jacob is Katie's son."

"No, I'm the oldest."

"No, I'm not married yet." (Side note - the most ridiculous question you can ask a single person is, why aren't you married yet? Simply because, there is no really good way to answer that one.)

But the funniest thing was, Jacob kept running around and pointing out Katie to everyone. Half the time he said, "this is my mommy," but half the time, he said, "this is my son." I guess he was just echoing what he's heard her say?

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty good. Just remember, once you get married, everyone will ask when are you having a kid. Once you have a kid, everyone will ask when you're gonna have the next one. When your kids hit school age, people will ask when you're going back to work. No matter what you do, near strangers will always have some opinion about what you should be doing next...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!