Landscaping: I've decided to use part of my tax refund this year to landscape the front of my house. I've asked Robbie to help design it and do the work - I don't really like gardening work (though I have enjoyed the research I've done the last couple weeks) and even if I did, my seasonal allergies would make it impossible to do it myself. So, I've been paying attention to the houses I drive by, and clipping photos online in order to show Robbie the kinds of things I like.

Here's a photo of the front of the house from last year - it looks nearly the same now, except for the American flag.



The small shrub on the left is a white azalea and is blooming now, and looks beautiful. I'm hoping to keep it, even if it gets moved around somewhere. Also, there are several larger azaleas in two different shades of pink in the backyard that I'm hoping to move as well. Eventually, I'd like to put a patio or deck where they are currently, so they would need to come out then anyway. The two trees on either side of the stairs are going away - I really don't like them, and they close in the entry too much. I might also change out the railing to something that creates a bit more space on the stairs - but pulling out the tree might be enough. There are decorative house numbers behind the tree and a white outside light fixture - I might change those out, and I'd like to remove the awning from the upstairs window. The grass is in pretty decent shape, except for a path between driveway and the front door that I walk each day, so I'd like to add a brick pathway or pavers there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!