martin luther king, jr. day.

I had grand plans for my day off. I slept in, then spent most of the morning and afternoon reading. Tonight I'll call my mom and discuss the first chapter of the book we're reading together.

And sometime in the next few hours, I'm going to spend some time with a pen and paper and just write down all the random stuff that's floating around in my head. I'm feeling a little like a hamster on a wheel that needs to jump off, take shock, and find a new path.

In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr., since he is the reason I have a day off, after all, I thought I'd share one of my favorite quotes.

If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristy,

    Thanks for the comment! That's a great idea... I think I'll add it to my post. I know lemon juice and vinegar do the same thing in a vinaigrette, so why not in the microwave?! :) It's cheaper and I always have it on hand!

    I like your blog. I'll be back... :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up- have a fabulous weekend!
    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!