mexican chicken tortilla soup.

I'm continuing to work through the many recipes I have bookmarked online or dog-eared in recipe books and magazines, making progress goal #13 for this coming year (29 things in 2009).

I made this soup in the crockpot yesterday, and it was so easy, and so good. I originally got the recipe from Life at the Circus, but modified it a bit to suit what I had on hand, so I'm posting my version here.

Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup

frozen chicken breasts (I used 3)
1 can diced tomatoes, not drained
1 can black beans, drained
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used 98% fat free)
1 cup water

Add the chicken breasts to the crockpot and top with the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 6 hours, or low for 8 hours or more (I cooked mine overnight, so it was probably closer to 10 hours, maybe longer).

After cooking, remove the chicken breasts from the soup to chop, then return to the crockpot and stir all ingredients together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!