recent recipes.

I'm almost finished with my 50 new recipes for the year - just one more to do. This is my review of some of the recent ones.

Blueberry tart
(from Real Simple)

I love recipes that use frozen puff pastry - sometimes they are easy and straightforward, and they are almost always impressive. This recipe takes a bit of time, but looks and tastes amazing. I made it last month, and can only imagine how good it would be if I could have used blueberries in season. I also think you could use any kind of fruit or combination of fruit you want.

Chicken alouette
(from The Stories of A to Z)

This recipe also uses puff pastry and is really, really good (like, really, really good) - and even easier than the first recipe. I'll definitely be making this again.

Slow cooker enchilada casserole
(from A Year of Slow Cooking)

I've tried a lot of recipes this year from A Year of Slow Cooking, and I'm even more interested in them now that I'm working outside my home again. Many crockpot recipes are very versatile - they can cook on high for a few hours, or on low all day. Unfortunately, I don't think this is one of them. I let this cook while I was at work, which means over 9 hours, instead of the 4-6 stated in the recipe, and the corn tortillas almost totally broke down, except at the edges of the stoneware. The end result was a bit odd.

Sugared cranberries
(from Bon Appegeek)

Oh, wow. I mean, these were amazing. They're easy, and look really festive - the only downside is that while they don't require a lot of hands on time, they do need to sit overnight halfway through the process, so you need to plan ahead to make them.

Hot Caramel Apple Cider
(from Our Best Bites)

Another easy recipe with big impact - can you tell I've been into those lately? I made this for a Christmas party, and set it up with caramel sauce and whipped cream, just like my own mini Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!