growing stuff.

I'm not really good at growing things.

Okay, that might be a bit of an understatement. Historically speaking, I tend to kill anything that can't bark when its hungry. My mother has been known to water fake plants, so I'm guessing it might be genetic.

But growing something is one of my goals for the year, so I'm determined that this year will be different. After spending some time wandering around the gardening section at Home Depot, looking at the pretty pictures on seed packets and the million different types of soil and becoming thoroughly confused, I decided to buy these:




I figured, if one of these was for kids, it couldn't be that hard. Right?

According to the directions, I was supposed to only use a couple seeds, but I might have gotten a little over enthusiastic. I figured it was kind of like in vitro fertilization - the odds are kind of slim, so you throw some more in there than you need.

Imagine my surprise when it actually worked! There are actually tiny little green plants growing in those pots!



The only problem is - I don't know which is which. I wasn't super careful to label them when I started, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what comes up. And, though the kitchen window sill is a good place to see then and therefore remember to water them, it is a bit precarious. I lost a couple when I accidentally knocked them down.

I'm not crossing goal #9 off my list until I either see flowers, or can actually use some of this stuff for eating. But I'm still pleased with my newfound success - and I bought a few tomato plants when I went to Lowes tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!