the step of obedience.

I find it a little ironic that often, just when you're thinking and talking about fear and courage, God tells you to do something that scares you.

When I first heard about the upcoming Idea Camp on Orphan Care, I thought it would be interesting to go. Then I talked myself out of it, arguing that with the cost of the flight and the hotel, it would be better to donate the money.

Then I saw another announcement about it, and again I talked myself out of it, because I was already leading a women's book study that weekend and my parents were planning to visit.

When it came up a third time, I knew I could just dismiss it. So I rescheduled the book group, called my parents to let them know I wouldn't in town, and registered.

I'm very interested in orphan care, in understanding and acting on the things God is calling me to do in that sphere, so the conference isn't a complete stretch. Going by myself, knowing no one there - that's the uncomfortable part.

But sometimes you just have to step out in obedience, even when you don't understand the reasons.

P.S. If you know anyone who is going, can you put me in contact with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!