frederick.

I've been living in Frederick now for just over a week, and though I miss the people that I left behind in Virginia Beach, I'm enjoying the slower pace here. I'm also getting to spend lots of great time with family, which I love, since this was part of the reason I decided to move back here in the first place. I've spent the last week taking care of my nephew, wrapping up some details from the move, and figuring out the final preparations I need to make before flying to Africa. I've got a list of things to do and a list of things to buy, and am working through it slowly, piece by piece.

Yesterday I met with Tim to discuss some more details of things in Gabon, and some of the things that we talked about have shifted my focus a little. For the last several weeks, I've been focusing mostly on preparing for the next big thing. Two weeks ago, I was thinking, what has to be done before I move? Last week I was thinking, what has to be done before I get on the plane? I'm still thinking about that, but I'm also dreaming about Africa. I'm starting to be able to picture, at least a little, my time there, or at least the first few days. And its good, to be reminded of what I'm doing and why I'm going, not just what needs to be done to get there.

I'm reminded too, of how desperately I need to be pushing into Christ. Its embarassing to admit just how easy it is to get caught up in my to-do list and forget that what I need to be doing more than anything is spending time with my Savior.

So, exactly one week from now, I'll be somewhere over the Atlantic, on my way to one of the greatest adventures yet! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to Gabon!!

    that's what I would say if I was there now :) but I'm not, so I'll just say have a great time, and thanks again for taking my stuff over!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!