goals and dreams.

It's been a busy start to the new year. Between moving and unpacking and errands and browsing Pinterest for inspiration on new house projects - well, let's just say that there seems to be a lot going on over here. In the middle of it all, I've been thinking about the goals for this year - the little and the big things I want to accomplish in 2012.

As a rule, I tend to set small goals, ones that are doable and measurable and that have lots of room for grace (very important for my perfectionist personality). I'm still working on this year's list, taking my time to make sure that it reflects the things that I want to be about this year. It's a work in progress.

I also think it's smart to dream big, to think about what I really want to see happen if fear doesn't get in the way. It's been difficult for me to do that over the past few years. My life doesn't look the way I thought it would, even a year ago. Sometimes that hurts a little, and makes me a little afraid to dream, to risk not seeing something work the way I hope it will. Mostly it's been a wonderful adventure, full of unexpected twists and turns that have brought me a lot of joy. Even so, it's hard to put a new dream out there, to acknowledge it and have seem a little more real, and maybe a little more fragile.

So I continue to pray for guidance, for strength and courage. In case you're in the same place, may these words encourage you:


We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
~ Joseph Campbell


If your dreams don't scare you they're not big enough.


There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
~ Nelson Mandela


You have to be brave with your life so that others can be brave with theirs.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts, Kristy! So, I guess this means that we'll be seeing you back in Gabon??? Missing you over here, Steve and Alace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!