goals for 2012

I made a list of goals for the year in both 2009 and 2010. I didn't make one last year, because last year felt crazy, and I think I somehow knew even in January that my life would look radically different than I expected by the end of the year.

This year, though, I'd like to do it again. Not because 2012 feels any more predictable, but because goals are healthy, and so is being intentional.

So, here they are - 20 things I would like to do in 2012:
  1. Create art with Jacob.
  2. Try 25 new recipes.
  3. Read 5 non-fiction books - there are so many that I have started but not quite finished (Plan B by Pete Wilson, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller, Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman, Radical by David Platt) and others that I want to read (Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis, Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst, Interrupted by Jen Hatmaker)
  4. Read through the entire Bible (I'm using a plan from YouVersion).
  5. Get eight hours of sleep a night for one solid month.
  6. Start an herb garden.
  7. Make meaningful art for my house.
  8. Explore downtown Frederick by trying six new restaurants.
  9. Take a yoga class.
  10. Take a French class.
  11. Take Ally, Cam, and Jake to lunch for their birthdays.
  12. Cut my car loan balance in half.
  13. Join a Bible study.
  14. See 5 (new) places from the book 1,000 Places to See in the U.S.A. & Canada Before You Die.
  15. Walk the dogs four times a week for a month.
  16. Set up a recycling center.
  17. Tile something.
  18. Grill something.
  19. Write random notes to the people that I love.
  20. Go hiking with my sisters.

2 comments:

  1. You should Google this, but people who get 7 hours live longer than people who get 8 hours. I used to be an 8 hour man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy, I found you from incourage. What a great list - cook, create, move, connect. I can identify with #3 - I've started three of your six but have only finished Emily's (loved it, but it's certainly a book that requires full concentration!) I don't know if you know of Wendy Pope (a fellow P31 with Lysa Terkeurst)but she has a blog called Walking with Women Through the Word. I read through the Bible that way with her last year and it was life changing. This year she is doing an online study of Psalms but the links to two years of daily video discussions are still posted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!