First day at work

I've finished my first official working day in Virginia. :-)

I spent most of today on administrative stuff - filling out paperwork, figuring out how to submit my timesheet, being re-introduced to many of the people that I met two weeks ago. Tomorrow will be more of the same, as I have to complete a pretty length security form to kick off a security investigation (not even for a secret clearance, that comes later). Then, I can get the accounts and cards I need to actually get started with the work.

Tomorrow night I'll experience Life Group for the first time (the weekly meeting for Nick & Heather's church - The Bridge Church of Suffolk). I've actually met most of the people who come each week, so it won't be totally foreign. I'm excited, though, to start experiencing more of the work they're doing here.

I think the person I miss most is Jacob, although there's a part of me that misses Dakota, too. Is that weird? I talked to Jake on the phone tonight for a little while - he held a block up to the phone, and Dad had to tell me what color it was. I asked him to color a picture for me so Mom & Dad could send it to me. Leaving him might be the hardest part of moving.

1 comment:

  1. so i was sitting here wondering when kristy officially moved to VA and now i know. I was also wondering where you were living and all that good stuff. So did u sell your house in frederick?
    I had an ultrasound last thursday, but baby was shy, so we still don't know if we're having a boy or a girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!