Low-key weekend

It's been a good, low-key weekend. I spent a lot of Saturday researching kitchen remodel information - different types of cabinets, price estimates for different types of appliances, etc. Wow, there's a lot to that. At least I'm keeping the same layout! But, I do have a better idea now of what I want, in terms of different materials, and also the look I'm going for.

My house inspection is tomorrow, and I'll take a ton of measurements, inside and out, and I have an appointment Wednesday evening with a kitchen designer at Lowe's. After that, I should have some more specific numbers to work with in terms of an estimate, especially for counters, floors, and cabinets (the big unknowns right now because I need actual measurements), so I can start making some more concrete decisions.

I've also decided that though I will most likely want to join the launch team for the church Nick & Heather are planting, I need another place to get plugged in to in the meantime. BJ and I visited a church in Chesapeake this morning, and I'm going to keep looking over the next few weeks.

(In case anyone from Mountain View's praise team is reading this, I actually saw the pastor jumping during one of the songs, and thought of you guys. Acoustics are going to be so much better in the new building.)

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to comment on something, but I won't, but since you know me so well you probably already know what I want to comment on.

    That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!