Phone adventures

I called UPS today to track a letter being overnighted to me from Dad at home, because it hadn't arrived by the time it was supposed to. I looked up the tracking information online, but called the number because I needed more information and wanted to actually talk to someone.

UPS has one of the automated phone systems where you say what you want, based on their menu options, and they redirect and answer you accordingly. After spending time trying to figure out a way to talk to a person, when that isn't one of the menu options, the automated voice said, "What would you like to do?" And I said, quite sarcastically, actually, "How about, talk to a real live person?" Auto-voice said, "One moment, please, I'll connect you." And after waiting on a hold, I did get to talk to an actual person.

How funny is that?

2 comments:

  1. Yea, I'm laughing!!!

    Great to get your email - hope all is well. Due to a computer snafu, which ATE email addy's and FAVORITE PLACES -- you dropped from my radar in late February!!

    LOL I've never been back TO THAT OTHER PLACE online. Had lunch w/Francine this past Tuesday. Have you guessed who I am yet LOL --

    Now, when I have a minute - I'll check back and read THE ADVENTURES OF KRISTI! Can't wait to hear the HOW and WHY of the job change!

    Best to you always...

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kristy,

    Glad to see you got down there safely. Hope you enjoy your new job!

    --David

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!