My friend Kate is working at Rockbridge for the month of June, so I went to visit her this weekend. Its kind of different being there as a visitor, with someone who is working, rather than as a leader. I was reminded really quickly of just how exhausting going to camp as a leader is - definitely the most physically, emotionally, and spiritually exhausting experience of my life. On the other hand, there's a really great camaraderie between everyone there, and something absolutely amazing about being completely emptied of yourself. There's a rightness in feeling like you have absolutely nothing else left to give, and yet knowing that its still okay because it isn't about you anyway. Even just a little bit of time there, only slightly more than 24 hours, and I came back determined to live intentionally in my life, to stay off the sidelines and make each day count. In fact, I spent most of the trip home brainstorming ideas for the church, including coming up with some ideas for the children's ministry.

My refocused weight loss plan is going pretty well, this weekend not withstanding (tons and tons of temptation, and not much in the way of other options). I've lost roughly two pounds a week, with the exception of my weekend in Frederick (I only lost one pound that week, but given the temptation there, I'm really happy about that).

And, I'm laptop-less again. Hopefully, for no longer than a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!