Procrastination (or maybe its just some computer/TV addiction?)

I just read this post, and can't help but write this, because I do the exact same thing! Even now, as I'm sitting here, my desk is such a mess that even though I've been working from home for the last week, I'm still sitting at my dining room table. There are dishes to do in the kitchen, the dining room table is cluttered, the bathroom needs to cleaned (really cleaned), there is dog hair (of course) all over the floors, and I wanted to have a whole bunch of stuff sitting outside for the donation pick-up today.

And I need to do laundry. I hate laundry. I feel like I always need to do laundry. (I think this is because laundry is never done. Even if you wash every single item in your house, the clothes you're wearing are dirty.)

So, instead of just doing these things, I kept thinking about how I really need to organize the closet in my guest room, which primarily serves as my gift closet (especially in anticipation of all the Christmas gifts I keep buying online). I wanted to go to Home Depot and buy paint, and go to WalMart and buy hanging organizers and bins. But, since there were so many other things that I should be doing, especially considering small group is here tonight and people will actually see the inside of my house, I didn't organize my gift closet, because I would have felt guilty doing that when there were so many other things to do.

I didn't clean my house either. Nope - I sat on the sofa, watched whatever was on TV, and poked around the Container Store online looking for ideas on organizing the gift closet.

Oh, and I did some more Christmas shopping.

2 comments:

  1. I understand completely!! I spent most of the day happily procrastinating!
    Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay that is SO ME!!! When I have a TON to do I get overwhelmed...and do NOTHING!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!