Here and there

You know those days when it just feels like there is so much to do, that you'd rather just sit and watch TV and not do any of it? This is what it feels like here - everywhere I look there's a reminder of something else I need to do. Christmas gifts to be put away (and, um, Christmas decorations), papers to be filed, letters to be sent, dishes to be washed, dog hair to vacuum up...

And I know that if I would just start, instead of watching TV or playing on my computer, that it would all have been done by now.

Something that I've always been suspected, but discovered to be definitely true over the past year, is that the state of my house has a lot to with my mood and my attitude and my productivity. It doesn't have to be clean - there can be dog hair on the floors and nose smudges on the window (and let's face it, that's pretty always the case here), but if there are things lying around everywhere, I just don't want to do anything at all.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. That's the exact reason I'm reading blogs at 11:06 PM on a Saturday night when the laundry isn't done and I have to get up at 6:30 tomorrow morning. Doing the things you have to just aren't fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!