Ew, ew, ew

There's a mouse living in my garage and under the crawl space in my house. I figured this out when I got home New Year's Eve and let the dogs out, and found something had chewed through a trash bag I left in the garage. That's when I realized those weird noises I heard a few days ago weren't just old house noises after all.

So I called Robbie, because although I am fairly independent and not particularly girly when it comes to bugs and such, I just cannot handle a mouse. I can set the trap, and I can force myself to look from a good distance away to see if the trap caught anything. But I absolutely cannot dispose of it if the trap did catch anything. And I'm getting tired of making plenty of noise whenever I go into the garage to make sure that whatever it is has time to go back into hiding before I come get my laundry.

I set two traps last night, both of which were sprung without catching anything. Because of course it couldn't be a dumb mouse that decided to move in.

My dad says that it's okay, because a mouse doesn't eat much. I said that if its not paying rent, then it has to go. And then I asked him to please not tell Jacob that I was trying to kill Jerry.

1 comment:

  1. good luck getting rid of the mouse... but maybe it's lucky you have a mouse in your home- did you realize that this year is the year of the mouse??? hmm... Oh.. and we just got your card yesterday :) Thanks so much, it's always fun to get mail! Your postcard insert was beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!