feeding the homeless.

I've been wanting to post for a while about all the things that I learned through our Crazy Love book study, but some things are just harder to articulate, you know?

One thing the book focuses on is just how insane and extravagant God's love is for us, and how extravagant our response should be. This is a theme over the last couple months, this idea of being extravagant in my response to God.

I came away from the book ready to do something big, waiting for God to show me what that is. Until I was reminded of the power of considering each day, and the tasks to be completed that day, as an opportunity to love God. I think our lives are rarely made up of big things, but rather small decisions and small chances to love God and love others.

Sometimes I feel this overwhelming desire in my life to matter. To know that God has used me to do something different, to make someone's life better or easier, to point someone back to Him. I get so caught up in having one single, grand life purpose that I forget that at the end, our lives are more a summation of lots of little things, that, when taken as a whole, point to our Creator.

So the last few weeks, I've been on a journey to figure exactly what that looks like on a daily basis. I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone just a little, and see what happens when God meets me there.

Today I joined my friend Teresa and her daughter Heather to serve breakfast at a soup kitchen. And it was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!