unpacking catalyst, part one.

I've spent a lot of time over the past few days trying to figure out how to describe Catalyst using more words than just "incredible" and "amazing." I keep coming up short, probably because I'm still trying to process the whole thing. I want to keep trying, though, because I want this blog to be a true reflection of who I am and the things that I think about.

The thing about Catalyst, is that its geared toward next-generation Christian leaders, and there are over 12,000 people that show up. So you end up with two days filled with amazing worship, spiritual encouragement and challenge and conviction, and practical advice on how to lead and market and work together as a team. And if all of that weren't enough, all of these things create an environment that is just ripe for ideas - so in the midst of talks, I'm flipping to a blank page and trying to capture all the specific ideas I have for the Bridge Church and its children's ministry. Then, I spent 11 hours driving home in car with two people who are just as fired up and full of just as many ideas, and of course, talking to them breeds more ideas...you can see where I'm going with this.

If I were to write out all these ideas here, this post would be way too long. As a matter of fact, my first draft of this was. So I'm going to break it up in pieces over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!