new 2012 recipes, part 3.


Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins - My brother, sisters, and brother-in-law play in a kickball league, and I made these muffins for breakfast before their all-day kickball tournament. I tried them a bit later, and they were good! I they didn't have a ton of banana flavor, though - I think next time I would add more of that.

Collard Greens - I signed up for another CSA this year, with Seeds of Life Nurseries. I wasn't crazy about the one I signed up for while I was living in Virginia, but this one is amazing. There's a ton of variety every week, and it's almost all stuff that I love. There's been very little waste this time around. Earlier in year, we got a lot of greens and lettuce, including collard greens, which I've never tried before. I tried a new recipe they sent with the produce, but I burned them.

Turnip Gratin - Turnips were another item that came in with the CSA, so I found this recipe to try. I halved it and just used turnips, and it was very good! It took a bit of time to make, so I probably won't do it all the time, but maybe for special occasions.

Lite Italian Salad Dressing - This was good, I think. I used it in another recipe without tasting it directly, so I'm not really sure.

Streusel-Topped Blueberry Muffins - These muffins are another thing I made for the kickball tournament. I haven't tried them, but my mom and nephew said they were really good.

Unstuffed Cabbage - I wanted to like this, I really did. I think I just don't like cabbage. I was really bummed, too, because I really hated wasting all the other good stuff in this, but it was just too hard to eat around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!