Still sick/ movies

I'm still sick. Yesterday (Tuesday) I went home from work early, took a nap (it is so hard to sleep when you're stuffed up), then went over and hung out at my parents' house for a few hours. I really don't like being alone when I'm sick, but I still want to be someplace that feels like home.

Then last night, just before bed, I took my regular headache medicine (which kind of knocks me out) and Tylenol sinus nighttime (the only nighttime cold-like stuff in my house, which really knocks me out, usually). Still, didn't sleep well - because every time I managed to fall asleep, Dakota would shift or start walking around or something. I think she does this usually, and it doesn't normally wake me up, but I wasn't really sleeping deeply. Plus, I kept having totally weird dreams about all this stuff I had to do, which I really don't have to do, or about my house being a mess, which it isn't. I normally don't even remember my dreams, but I actually dreamed that I was drying baking sheets on the floor in my bathroom. I mean, how weird is that?

Anyway, so despite all the medication it wasn't a good night. Still, incredibly hard to get up this morning. Good thing my presentation for Thursday was postponed a week, so I didn't have to stress about getting ready for that.

Oh, and did I mention that my voice has been coming and going all day? And even when I have it, it's all scratchy? I'm definitely not going to make it to praise team practice tomorrow night, and might not even be able to sing on Sunday.

So, since Mom and Dad had plans, I rented a couple movies and worked on our church's website. I watched Stealth, which was okay but not incredible (though normally I really like Josh Lucas) and Walk the Line, which was really, really good. Even more amazing when you consider that Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon sang all of their own stuff for the movie. I'd seriously consider purchasing the soundtrack.

And, speaking of movies - the Chronicles of Narnia will be released on DVD on April 4, just in time to get it in my Easter basket. I've already hinted. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!