Harvey: So, Harvey is here now. She and Dakota fought a bit, but just playfully, so I think its working out for Dakota to have a companion. She doesn't like being crated while I'm gone, but until I know I can trust her, I think its the best thing. She's pretty much house trained, but she does pee when she gets excited. This is when I'm glad I have hardwood floors.

Both dogs slept with me last night, though it threw Dakota off having something else in the bed. Harvey slept right up next to me, so Dakota couldn't do what she normally does (cuddle for a few minutes, then head under the covers). I ended up moving to the center of the bed so I could have a dog on either side.

Super Bowl: About the only thing I have to say about the Super Bowl is that I'm really disappointed for Brandon that the Bears didn't win.

Painting: I finally finished painting my bathroom. For such a small surface area, it was a huge pain. Medicine cabinet, cabinet, two light fixtures, fan, exhaust, window, door, shower curtain rod, shower head - all of those things had to be taped and painted around individually. I stood on the tub, the toilet, a chair, and kneeled on the sink, and did some pretty incredible balancing acts. Four coats (two of primer and two of paint) later, I thought I was pretty much done, but I started to pull of the tape. I only painted the walls in color, which means I need to go back and paint the ceiling at some point (it just has primer now), and the tape on the ceiling (on top the primer) was literally the only thing that came off well.

Tonight I'll finish moving everything back in there, hopefully caulk the top of the tile all the way around the room, and make a list of the things I need to get to finish it all off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!