Weighing In

I've been having a hard time lately getting back on the wagon with losing weight. I haven't gone crazy, and for the most part, I'm still watching what I eat, but I'm not tracking it like I should, and I'm not working out. I've found, in the past, that the best way for me to lose is to literally track the points value of everything I put in my mouth. I do okay during the day at work, because my food intake is fairly simple and planned out - I eat what I take to work to eat, plus maybe a handful of pretzels from the community snack area. Its at night that I start to lose track.

I went through the food in my refrigerator and pantry and threw out some stuff that just isn't healthy, mostly things left over from the baby shower. And I finally went grocery shopping and bought a bunch of healthy options - bananas, frozen strawberries, and diet fudge bars for when I want something sweet, low-fat crackers and pretzels for when I want something salty, pudding cups for when I'm craving chocolate, things like that. Its helping.

The biggest thing I need to start doing, though, is working out again. I tried telling myself to commit to just one 15-minute walk a day with at least one of the dogs. I thought that would be a small enough goal that no matter what else was going on, I could accomplish it. But its been so crazy hot here that I can't even fathom being outside a second more than I have to. Maybe I need to start going to the Y on the way home from work.

I also started looking for diet blogs, hoping that adding them to my regular reading list might keep me motivated. Its hard to find good ones, but I found two that might have potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!