City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style

Whenever I go into downtown Portsmouth, I think that maybe my next house should be there. I could buy a place that had a view of the water from a nice little rooftop garden (though I had better be independently wealthy or make very good friends who likes to garden for fun - and for free, because you know I just don't do that). And how fun it would be to call up a friend and say, let's meet for dinner, or a movie, or whatever, and then just walk there?

But my friend Heather says that all of the basements in Old Towne flood every time it rains, and that flood insurance is just really expensive, even if you can afford it. So, that makes me think buying a place there wouldn't be a really great idea, after all.

My neighborhood isn't very walkable - my walk score is only 42 out of 100. And this is actually very deceptive, because even the places you could walk to, you wouldn't want to, trust me. But some day I'd love to live in a walkable neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!