Welcome to our world

I can't believe its been over a week since I last posted anything.

Yesterday, during worship at church, I read (aloud) an excerpt from Max Lucado's God Came Near. Such powerful stuff. Emmanuel, God With Us - this is something that I've been thinking about quite a lot over the past week. It's amazing, isn't it? God - the almighty, perfect, universe-big God - came to us - broken, selfish, imperfect, self-centered people. I can't wrap my head around it, no matter how many times I hear it, think about it, read about it. I'm probably not supposed to be able to, because I think if we could make sense of it, we would find a way to reason around it.

So wrap our injured flesh around you
Breathe our air and walk our sod
Rob our sin and make us holy
Perfect son of God, perfect son of God
Welcome to our world
- Chris Rice

I think I've finally finished decorating my house. I really do plan to take pictures, but I need to straighten up and do a bit of basic cleaning first. My open house is this coming Sunday, so I'll definitely be done by then. In the meantime, I've got a busy week, with something going on almost every evening. At least for right now, though, I'm liking it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!