Deck The Halls, part 3 (and done!)

Thanks for the get-well wishes, I'm feeling much better today! And just in time, too, as I'm driving to by parents' house the day after tomorrow.

Here's the last set of Christmas decorating pictures:


I wanted to do a little something in my bedroom, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. I already had this tree, and don't really love the pot it's in (especially because I couldn't keep the tree straight), but I already had it. Maybe next year I'll look for something that's more appropriate to the theme of the room. I used ribbon I already had for the garland and made the ornaments - you can see more details below.


I bought these clear glass ornaments on sale from Michaels, then just added the sand and shells (both were on clearance). This room, once its completed, will have a beach theme, so I thought these were perfect.


This isn't the best photo, even though I lightened it, but this is my bathroom. I bought the snowman stocking holders from Garden Ridge last year and love them, but they're not strong enough to actually hold stockings if you put anything in them. (I found that out when one fell off the mantel and broke). In addition to decorating the window, I added silver bells to the shower curtain rod and bought of cute holiday towels. Next year, I'd love to do more with this room - adding garland, decorating the medicine cabinet mirror, and maybe hanging something from the stocking holders.


This is one of my favorite decorations, a gift from my friend Kate a few years ago. It hangs about the archway between the living room and dining room, and because I loved having something there so much, I ordered a custom sign from Etsy to hang there the rest of the year.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my site :-) I love your decorating, I think it all looks great. Have a Wonderful and Blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I meant to sign that and leave a site name so you don't think I'm a stalker. *lol*
    Jamie Lea
    http://www.xanga.com/homeschoolingthem

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right! These are exactly like the ones I made! Great minds obviously think alike :). (And as far as the photos are concerned, having a gorgeous beach backdrop is the only reason mine look good. ANYTIME I take a picture in the cave of my house, my pictures are terrible. If only all of them could have the sea as a backdrop .:) Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!