Isolated

For the most part I like working from home. There are a lot of really great things about it - more flexibility, bits of time to do housework around the house, never rushing home from work just to dart off to the next thing.

There are downfalls, though, and the biggest one is this - working at home can be very isolating. Between the work day and an evening home alone, its totally possible to go a day without having a conversation with anyone. I'm not nearly as aware as I was before of all the things going on around me (like today - until I turned on the radio on the way to FPU tonight, I had almost completely forgotten it was Valentine's Day). The weirdest thing is when I go to lock my door before going to bed at night, and realize that its still locked from the night before. Somehow I don't think spending a whole day without ever going outside is healthy.

Sometimes this whole thing bothers me, but right now, it doesn't. Its just a little weird. If its really true that women speak need to speak about 7000 words per day (compared to men's 2000), I wonder where all my words are going. Am I just storing them all up to unload on the next unsuspecting person who says, "how are you?" Either that, or I'm having way more conversations with my dogs than I think I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!