Two things I'm excited about

There are a couple things going on in our church that I'm excited about.

The first is that finally, I'm taking Dave Ramsey's class, Financial Peace University (FPU). I've been wanting to do this personally for a while, but balked at the $100 price tag. But, in October, several of us saw Dave Ramsey speak live at Catalyst, and we've now started an FPU class. We've only had two meetings, one of those a preview. But I'm really excited about the opportunity to open dialogue and talk candidly about money. I think when you can see change in the very real, practical issues people deal with daily, it also opens the door to spiritual change.

The second thing I've excited about is that we now have people sharing their stories about what God is doing in their lives during the worship service on a monthly basis. We've had two people share so far, and I think these stories, too, are really powerful. It helps connect us to see what God is doing, and encourages us, too.

We had our monthly leadership meeting tonight, and I always walk away from that very encouraged about what God is doing and where He is leading us. Our leadership team is made up of such incredible friends - I love working with them.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on our blog...we truly love Dave Ramsey too and listen to his radio show...he's so down to earth and full of wonderful advice!

    Have a blessed day.
    smiles,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!