happy birthday to me.

Today is my 30th birthday.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this yet. I expected to feel a bit down, reflecting that my life wasn't where I thought it was going to be when I reached this age. But I wonder if anyone really looks back and finds that life went exactly the way they expected.

Should 30 feel like a big milestone? Should I be evaluating my life, or resolving to make a big change in some aspect of it?

Tonight Heather and Heather and I are dressing up to go out to dinner to celebrate, and on Saturday, several friends are going with me to see Prince Caspian, then to eat dinner at Unos so I can have deep-dish Chicago-style pizza and my favorite restaurant dessert of all time.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. 30 is edging closer for me and I find myself asking those same questions. No answers here, but please have a happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 didn't bother me, but I wonder if 40 will. At 34- I still have a lot of life to live before then anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!