weight loss challenge (day one).

My friend Kelly is hosting an extreme weight-loss challenge - its a $20 buy-in, and whoever loses the most inches and pounds, as a percentage of their body weight, gets to keep all the money.

Can I tell you a secret? Sure, the money is a nice motivator, but I really joined for the camaraderie and competition.

Can I tell you something else? My arms are killing me.

Today is the first day of the challenge (though yesterday I was careful to eat healthy things, though I didn't count calories). After taking Scooter on a walk (I'm going to walk Harvey and Dakota later today), I went to the gym to do some weight lifting and swimming.

I grew up with a pool in my backyard and used to swim laps all the time - it was a work out sure, but it didn't wipe me out. But halfway through my first lap, I realized this wasn't going to be as easy as I remembered. I managed to finish what I told myself I would, but I was wiped out at the end. Both my arms are sore (I guess my triceps?), and I didn't even work out those muscles during weight lifting.

Feel free to send some encouragement my way - I have a feeling this is going to be a long six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!