keeping it real.

Yesterday was a tough day, diet wise. I mentioned that I'm doing this weight loss challenge - Thursday night I asked my friend Kelly to take my measurements, since she had the original records from the start of the challenge. My weight wasn't quite down as much as according to my scale, but I'm chalking that up to the fact that we were doing this much later in the day, and that my scale is cheap and not perfectly reliable.

But, this is the thing that killed me - though my hip measurements were down 2 inches, both my chest and waist measurements were up 1 inch! And given the way I've been working out and eating, I just don't see how that's possible. It frustrated me enough that yesterday, I ate ice cream, instead of opting for a low-fat smoothie.

Today is much better, though - I decided a couple things.
  • I'm going to follow Nick and Heather's suggestion to get a complete physical, given that I'm talking about losing a significant amount of weight here. That way, I'll know up front if I'm dealing with any issues that might affect my weight loss.
  • Also, when Kelly does the final measurements in a week, I don't want to know what they are. Maybe this last measurement was a fluke, maybe the first set was off - or maybe, inches just isn't the best thing for me to track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!