recipe reviews.

I'm still working my on accomplishing goal number 13 for the year, trying 50 new recipes. After today, I've finished 50 f them. I've blogged about a few already, but thought I would cover some of the others in one single post.

Deep Dish Chicken Pot Pie

I made this for dinner for Billy and Trish - I was looking for something that would travel well, and use up a bunch of things I had on hand, including a pie crust. I'm not sure I've ever had a chicken pot pie with cream cheese - it added a bit of a different taste, and I'm still not sure how I felt about it.

White Chicken Chili


I made this on Heather's recommendation, and it was really good! I added a ca of diced tomatoes and some frozen corn, because I like my soups and chili really thick and chunky.

3 Packet Crockpot Pot Roast


I've actually never made a pot roast before, in the crockpot or anywhere else. This was good, though the spices were pretty concentrated. I added some chopped carrots and potatoes to the crockpot, but although I cooked the whole thing for a long time, the potatoes and carrots never really got done enough. I'm not sure why.

Creamy Broccoli Casserole

Very good, healthy, and I'll definitely be making it again! In fact, I think the next time my family wants to eat broccoli casserole, I'll try to make this version, as its healthier than the recipe we'd normally use.

Macaroni and Cheese

I was looking for a healthier version of this, as its one of my favorite comfort foods. It was good, but not nearly cheesy enough. I mixed the leftovers with broccoli and leftover ham, and enjoyed it, but maybe mac and cheese is one of those meals that just isn't made to be healthy.

Ham and Potato Chowder with Scallions

Good, and fairly easy to make. Its not the best potato soup I've ever had, but I liked it and I'm enjoying the leftovers (this makes a lot, so I've had plenty of them). I wish there was more ham in it, though, so I've been adding that to the leftovers. I topped it with a little bit of reduced-fat cheddar cheese. My sister and nephew, and maybe my mom, are coming to visit in a couple weeks, so I'd like to make this for them.

Mexican Chicken Casserole


Also very good, though honestly its pretty similar in flavor to a lot of tacos or chicken/salsa recipe combinations I've made in the past. Given that, I'm not sure the extra work for this was worth it, but I'll keep the recipe and probably make it again.

1 comment:

  1. put the carrots and potatoes in first the the roast on top...they'll get done better...i usually do mine ofr 8 hours on low.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!