answering questions.

Over the last few days, as I've told people that I'm moving to Africa for a few months, I've heard a lot of different comments and questions. I thought I'd post some of those here, in case others are wondering the same thing (and because some of the answers are actually requests for prayer and/or information)!

I knew you were going back to Africa.
I love hearing this, partly because it's just one more way that God is confirming his call to me. It's also funny, because for quite a while, I had no idea I was going back to Africa. And until a few weeks ago, I didn't really think that I was going back this year.

What are you going to do with your dogs?
I have no idea. Honestly, if there was something that I was going to stress about, this would be it (but I'm choosing to trust that God will provide for this just as he's provided for so many other things). So - this is both a prayer request, and a request for help - if you know someone who might be willing to host Harvey and Dakota (or even one - I could split them up if I had to) for a few months, could you please let me know?

How will you pay for this?
I have some money saved up, mostly thanks to my tax refund. I'm also selling some furniture, and I'm hoping that selling my car will net a little, even after paying off the car loan. I'll also need to find some supporters (email me or leave a comment if you'd like to help).

What are you doing with your house? Are you going to try to sell it?
If the market were better, I probably would have tried to sell it. Instead, I'm going to be renting it to good friends of mine. This is just one more example of God's provision - it's a win for both of us, and I don't have to worry about a background check for someone I don't know and keeping the house show-ready at all times.

Where will you live and work when you get back to the US?
I'll be moving back to Frederick, and until I can find a job, I'll be mooching living space off my family. Depending on how things go as I'm getting ready to leave Gabon, I'll start looking for a job. Or I'll find one when I get back. Or God will provide miraculously and drop one in my lap. Honestly, there are so many other details to worry about over the next two months that I'm choosing not to think about this yet.

Have any other questions? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you Kristy! If we lived closer I would love to care for your puppies for ya. Am looking forward to hearing about the next adventure in your life. You will be posting on the blog still, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!