big news.

I've been fairly quiet here the past few weeks, mostly because I haven't felt able to talk publicly about so many of the things that have been going on. I'm ready now.

Below is the text of an email I sent to friends and family just a few moments ago:

Dear friends and family -

I have some news to share with you, about some exciting changes that are coming up in my life. My apologies for the mass email, but I thought it was the best way to communicate with all of you at once.

Today I submitted my resignation to CBN - my last day of work there will be on Friday, June 17. I'll rent my house to friends, move most of my things into storage in Frederick, then in July I'll be going back to Gabon, Africa, for four months. After that, I'll move back to Frederick and find a job there.

While I'm in Gabon, I'll be working with Hope House, the home for abandoned children in Libreville. My hope is to a gain a really thorough understanding of how things work there currently (how kids come to live at Hope House, how finances and other daily operations are handled, etc.) and also to help set up some processes and policies that will enable us to connect Hope House and their Gabonese supporters with North American supporters.

In some ways, these changes have happened very quickly, but in some ways they've also been a long time in coming. Its quite a big undertaking, certainly bigger than me, and still I am certain that this is where God is calling me right now.

As you can imagine, there are quite a few details that need to be worked out over the next few months. Would you please pray with me for those? God has led me so far in this process, and I know that he will continue to do so - but there is still a lot to do. (And if you know someone who would be willing to take care of my dogs for a few months, could you please let me know?)

I'm planning to post regular updates on this process (including specific prayer requests) on my blog:
http://slidingdownthestairs.blogspot.com

I'll also continue to use Facebook and Twitter (@slidingstairs) as a way to stay connected with you all.

Thank you for your support and your friendship.

Kristy

1 comment:

  1. This post actually does not surprise me at all...this is perfectly fitted for you! Big, and definitely a God-sized project, but your heart for Hope House makes you a perfect candidate. God will provide what you lack...He'll fill in the gaps and equip you for what lies ahead. So excited for you! Praying the LORD guides your days, your finances, and all the details that are to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!