A good experience at the post office

I had a wonderful experience at the post office yesterday, which I think, in and of iteself, is unique.

I needed to pick up a package, and therefore go to a different post office than the closest one to work (and home). I also needed to open that package, re-package part of it, and send it back out. I had basically resigned myself to waiting in a long line twice.

Not so - the main post office here now has this 24-hour postal service machine, that allows you to mail packages yourself. You just answer the questions - weigh the package, enter the zip code of the destination, swipe a credit or debit card, and the machine prints a mailing label for you. Stick in on, throw it in the bin, and you're done. No lines, no waiting - very simple.

And, since it's in the outer area, it's accessible 24 hours a day. Big timesaver for me, and I'm sure others who work normal 9-5 schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!