Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is a weird day. I actually don't have a really high opinion of it, but find it difficult to explain my feelings. I worry that I might give the opinion that the only reason that I don't like it is because I don't have a significant other with whom to celebrate it.

I just don't like the idea that we're told when to express our love for others. I don't like the expectation of a grandiose gesture.

And I don’t like our waitress at Olive Garden the other night, who divided our eight-person table into two checks (“the lovebirds” and “the singles”) and spent most of the night hitting on Josh (including asking him about his cologne before asking him for his drink order.

Not that the guy at Ruby Tuesday's was much better - ever heard of personal space?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!