29: I turn 29 today (today only because its after midnight when I'm posting this). I just got home a few minutes ago from a surprise party, and am giving Dakota and Harvey a chance to run off some energy before we go to bed.

29 is weird because its not 30, but its close enough to 30 to make me think about 30. I thought I would be bothered by it, that I would be frustrated that my life isn't what I thought it would be at this point in my life. And if I'm honest, there have been moments over this last week that I've reflected on that, but its not a depressing thought, because I'm so quickly reminded of all of the great things I do have.

And those things that I thought would be part of my life? I still want them. I still want to get married someday, to have kids and raise my own family. But this life right here - this is a good life. Even without the stuff I long for, I wouldn't trade right now for anything in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday. We miss you (Galen and I)
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!