Everything's a dollar

The problem with dollar stores is that its really hard to deny yourself anything, since everything is so inexpensive. I went in to buy something really specific, and bought three picture frames (one to give as a gift) and my first Christmas ornament of the year. At least it was only a dollar, right?

I bought this cabinet from a thrift store a couple months ago. It's originally from Target, and the perfect thing to hold paper supplies in my office. At some point I might paint it, or decoupage paper to the front, but for now it works. The only problem was, the box didn't contain the handles that were supposed to come with it. I had planned to call the company and ask they be sent to me, but just didn't get around to it, until I finally figured out this weekend that I could just enlarge the holes and use ribbon for handles. I wish I could take credit for the idea - I got it from my super-talented friend Kristina. I just can't believe it took me so long to think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!