Favorite season

I said a few weeks ago that summer was my favorite season. I just realized though, that I don't think that's actually true. There are things about most every time of the year I love.

I love, love, love Christmas. While walking in the mall the other day, I noticed that the Hallmark store had their Christmas ornaments out, so of course I had to go take a look. I rarely buy any there, except during the after Christmas specials, just because they are so expensive, but I love to look at them. I would actually be happy to get mostly ornaments for Christmas gifts every year.

And I like the feeling of a new start that comes in the fall (and at the first of the year, too). I don't get really excited about the leaves changing, or all the deep colors that show up in September or October, but I do like that the laziness of summer gives way to a busier season.

We suspended Life groups for summer, because with summer vacations, they just don't work, but we're getting ready to start them up again in the next couple weeks. I'll be leading one called S.H.A.P.E. - its about figuring out how your unique talents, gifts, and desires combine in serving people and the church. We went through this study last summer, but I'm really excited to do it again, especially with a new group of people. Its the follow-up to Starting Point, the study I led last spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!